In many large institutional facilities, resident wellness and personal needs take a backseat. Residents can get tucked away in their rooms or apartments and because they may have difficulty navigating the maze of long hallways, stairwells or elevators to get to the cafeteria or elsewhere, they become discouraged, less independent, and ultimately, more alienated. At American Orchards in Gilbert, AZ we have taken the principles that constitute a genuine and complete person-centered environment and applied them to every aspect of our community.
We Offer Person-Centered Care for Your Loved One
Our approach begins with the design, layout, and functionality of our communities. From the earliest stages of planning and design, we have focused on ways to ensure our living spaces create a setting that is personal. Our communities are created in smaller, more home-like sections. The resident suites are located on a single level around (or very close to) common living rooms, personalized dining rooms, and open kitchens. For our residents, this helps them feel more at home than in a nursing facility or institutional senior living center.
At American Orchards, the same focused team of nurses and caregivers assist the same small group of residents every day and we take the time to connect with each resident as a unique individual. At every turn in our community, there is a team member available who knows each resident and his or her likes, preferences and habits.
Person-Centered Care Features and Highlights
- Architectural design that is truly person-centric
- Smaller home sections with shorter hallways to keep resident suites near common areas, dining rooms, and outdoor amenities
- More personal family-style dining rooms
- Single level living
- Open nurse’s stations in each home section
- Small, dedicated nursing and caregiver teams to focus on smaller groups of residents allowing for more one-on-one time with individual residents
- Team members trained to recognize and accommodate the personal needs and desires of our residents and offer choice in performing daily activities
- Wellness and activity programs designed and adapted to the individual needs and desires of our current residents
- Open kitchens with friendly chefs preparing meals and snacks as needed
- State-of-the-art resident/care team communication technology
- iPad ordering system allows residents to customize meals
Architectural design that is truly person-centric is a fundamental part of what we offer our residents. Smaller home sections with shorter hallways keep resident suites in close proximity to common areas, dining rooms, and outdoor amenities. We also offer personal family-style dining rooms and single level living for the convenience and safety of our residents.
At American Orchards, we have small, dedicated caregiver teams to focus on smaller groups of residents, allowing for more one-on-one time with individual residents. Team members are trained to recognize and accommodate the personal needs and desires of our residents and offer choice in performing daily activities. We also ensure there is a licensed nurse working the floor 24/7 to ensure high-quality care for each resident.
Wellness and Activity Programs
Our Wellness and activity programs are designed and adapted to the individual needs and desires of our current residents. Encouraging our residents to stay active, mentally, physically, and spiritually is an important part of the American Orchards living experience.
Personal, Any-time Dining at American Orchards
As part of our custom dining program, we utilize open kitchens staffed with friendly chefs that prepare meals and snacks as needed per the residents needs and preferences. We accommodate special dietary needs, including gluten-free, mechanical soft, and diabetic diets.
Contact us today if you would like to learn more about our person-centered approach.