Wellness is a term that is used widely these days in senior living and with good reason. Research shows that physical, intellectual, social, vocational, emotional and spiritual activity – wellness – is the key to residents maintaining their health, mental skills, and their quality of life. At American Orchards, our signature wellness program, Soul Purpose, embraces each of these critical areas. We strive to create an inspiring, motivating, and supportive environment with plenty of senior activities where our residents can truly thrive in both body and mind.
Soul Purpose Program Highlights:
Soul Purpose is a program specifically designed and implemented at American Orchards. Each unique portion of the program is resident-focused and features hourly activities in both assisted living and memory care. Activity directors and coordinators are specially trained to guide our residents through wellness-enhancing activities, therapies, and experiences that are tailored to specific needs, abilities, and setting of our residents. The American Orchards Soul Purpose Program includes:
- Resident-focused activity schedule featuring hourly activities in both assisted living and memory care
- Activity directors and coordinators trained to provide activities that are tailored to specific needs, abilities, and setting of our residents
- Enriching therapies: music, art, pet, aroma, physical
- Brain fitness, Wii, and other technology-based programs to stimulate and enhance cognitive function
- Fitness classes including yoga, strength and balance, sit-ercise, etc.
- Resident clubs (book, knitting, fishing, movie, poker, painting, football, etc.)
- Monthly resident council
- New resident ambassador program
- Spa services (massages, aromatherapy, manicures/pedicures, facials, etc.)
- Special group outings for cultural events and shopping
- Freestone park picnics and nature walks
- Current events classes
- Dance classes
- Flag ceremonies
- Annual resident art show
- Special event parties (holidays, birthdays, Super Bowl, etc.)
- Veteran recognition ceremonies
- Memory loss support groups
At American Orchards, we believe that the sense of community is very important. The building’s charming and home-like feel is designed to create a welcoming and inclusive environment. Some of our community features include:
- Charming traditional architecture including wrap-around porches
- Large windows and skylights for natural light and nature views
- Multi-purpose common rooms designed to facilitate activities, fitness, movies, games, etc.
- Spacious outdoor common areas with covered seating and walking paths
- Therapeutic garden areas including raised flower beds and sitting areas
- On-site library
- Beauty salons
- Sensory room
- General store (independently managed by our residents)
- Game tables
If you would like to see our amazing senior living community, schedule a tour today!